Hello my friends 🙂
Hope you are having a good week!Today I’ve created a little Valentine’s card which I would like to share with you. Hope you like it!
I totally adore this Paper Smooches stampset which is so cute and versatile! Since I am fairly new to card making I really enjoy stamp sets that can be used again and again in many different ways.
The idea for this layout was inspired by MFT Sketch Challenge theme and more specifically by Anna Kossakovskaya’s card (below) :
For my project I used the following
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Distress Mini Ink Pads: fired brick, candied apple, picked respberry, wilted violet, seedless preserves, black soot
- Paper smooches :Chubby Chums stamp set
- Concord & 9th : Perfectly Penned stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp Circle Sayings stamp set (little hearts)
- Avery Elle – Tags for all – die set (love)
- Versamark Ink
- WOW!Clear Gloss Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Paper trimmer
- Mini blending tool
- Black gel pen
- Black glitter gel pen
- Double sided tape
To create the background I applied the distress inks with the mini blending tool until I got a soft blended look, then I splashed water to create the abstract effect. I colored the images with the same distressed inks and a waterbrush (as if they were watercolors). Then I stamped the sentiment and the little details and adhered the images. I then glued the card on a black panel leaving some space on the right which I decorated with the glitter pen and then glued the word love (which I had already diecut and embossed).
With this project I entered the following challenges. Please, if you have time, visit these fabulous blogs and have a look at what these talented ladies have created.I guarantee you’ll be inspired!
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: The Color of Love
- MyFavorite Things Card Challenge: Sketch 318
- Paper Smooches : February 2017 Challenge – Love
- Word Art Wednesday: #268 – 269 Anything goes
- Pile it on – #126 Hearts on Fire
- Penny Black and More: Use your favorite stamp
- Glitter and Sparkle: #225 Red and White (limited other colors)
- Pinspirational Challenges: #183 Love
- Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog: #109 Anything goes option use color red
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: #314 Anything goes
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Hope to see you again soon!
p.s. This card got the “Sweet Sprinkles Award” at Pile it On Challenge blog for the ” #126 Hearts on fire ” challenge!Thank you PIO! 🙂