Hello my friends!
Hope you all have a beautiful weekend! Today, when I woke up (and not for very long, cause as everyone knows the weather in the UK is changing by the hour -lol!) it was all nice and sunny! The kind of sunshine that makes things glow! So I felt like using yellow! (But grey seemed to be also fitting as now it’s all grey and dull outside… hahaha!)
Anyway, with this color combination in mind I decided to create a card and since grey is not a very happy color…I made a sympathy card! I used to really dislike sympathy cards because of the occasion they are for, however lately I have started seeing the beauty in their tranquility and their expression of feelings. I have to admit mine didn’t turn out to be very soft in color (for some reason I felt that any lighter yellow was too soft to create some contrast) but I hope it is still suitable for the occasion.
For my project I used the following supplies.
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi: No 33, No43, No 20
- Tombow Dual Brush Marker N15
- Altenew : Bamboo Rose stamp set
- Avery Elle -With Sympathy stamp set
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Metallic Silver Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Circle nested dies (unbranded)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Paper trimmer
- Black gel pen
- Double sided tape
With this card I entered the following challenges. I really suggest you visit these blogs as there are loads of amazing projects to get inspired from!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Use your favorite tool
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog: Fantastic Florals
- Seven Hills Crafts: February Colour Challenge (chose: shades of grey and yellow)
- Word Art Wednesday: # 270-271 Anything goes
- Scrapbooking Stamp Society: #110 Anything goes option embossing wet or dry
- Crafty Sentiments Designs: Your favorite combo
- Penny’s Paper- Crafty Challenge Blog: #316 Anything goes
- Creative Ladybirds Creations: #23 Anything goes
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog: #35 Anything goes
- Crafty Gals Corner: #110 Use your favorite things
- Crafty Friends : #51 Anything goes
Thank you all for stopping by!Have a fantastic Sunday and I hope to see you again soon 🙂