Hello my crafty friends!
It’s Kleri here with another card …since I could not resist using my new Newton’s Nook stamp set. Newton loves coffee ..and so do I! For the record, this is not a new stamp set…but it is absolutely adorable and since I am still trying to build a nice range of supplies I am super happy that I managed to get hold of this one 🙂
With this stamp set I created the following card.I hope you like it and get inspired!
For this card I used the following supplies.
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Vintage Chic Creations Patterned Paper
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Ranger Mini Distress Ink: Seedless Preserves
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi: No 33, No50, No32
- Copic marker: C1
- Winsor & Newton: burnt umber (for the coffee)
- Newton’s Nook: Newton loves coffee stamp set
- Inkadinkado: Circle and dots stamp set
- Square nested dies (unbranded)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Paper trimmer
- Mini Ink Blending tool
- Black gel pen
- Double sided tape
To create this card, I cut a panel to match the size of my card and I marked in pencil the area where the coffee cups would be. Then I stamped them and I used watercolors and the mini ink (used also as watercolor) to paint the cups and the inbetween area. Then I diecut the square and stamped my image which I also painted with the watercolors. I used the copic marker to create some shadows on this coffee cup since it is part of my focal point and I wanted it to stand out abit. Then I stamped my sentiment and drew the lines to connected to the image and add more interest.
Then I cut a stripe of patterned paper and cut a fish tail with my scissors.I inked it all around to help it blend with the rest of my card. Since I didn’t have any purple patterned paper, I created my own using seedless preserves ink (applied with the blending tool) and the Inkadinkado stamp set.
I outlined with a black pen the area with the coffee cups and then I adhered all my pieces on the card. Fun and easy!
With this project I entered the following challenges. For tons of inspiration, I would suggest you visit these blogs and why not enter their challenges as well! 🙂
- Your Next Stamp: Color Challenge #57 (teal,orange,mustard, red, redpurple)
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Cute
- Word Art Wednesday: #268 – 269 Anything goes
- Penny Black and More: Use your favorite stamp
- Inky Paws Challenge: Sketch #40
- Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog: #109 Anything goes option use color red
Thanks for visiting!I would love to see you again! 🙂 Have a good weekend!