It’s been a nice sunny day today (at least most of the day) which kind of put me in a lovely Spring mood! So I decided to create a card using beautiful pastel colors that are very common for the season!
This card was really easy and fun to make! I masked off the bottom of the panel and taped a stencil along the top part. I then smooshed the watercolors over the stencil and let the panel dry. I splattered a few drops of black watercolor to tie the top part with the sentiment (on a second thought it might have worked better if I had used black acrylic paint instead or skipped this part altogether…but oh well!). To add a tiny bit of dimension, I cut a stripe of white cardstock to match the bottom part of the panel, stamped the sentiment and adhered it to my card with double sided tape. To create a border line between the top and bottom section I decided to cut a very thin stripe of cardstock and paint it in the same pink color I had used in the top part design. I used a glue stick to stick this down. And a sweet spring card was done!
- Create a smile – Swirly stencil
- Create a smile – This must be love stamp set
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors: No10, No34, No43, No63, No 20
- Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
- Watercolor brush
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
- Glue stick
With my little project, I decided to entered the following challenges. The ladies in their design teams have created fabulous projects, so if you are seeking for inspiration, you should check them out!
- Seven Hills Craft Blog: Monthly Challenge – March Tic Tac Toe (Watercolour- big letters- pastel shades)
- CAS Watercolour March Challenge – Spring
- CAS Mix Up March Challenge: (stamping+smooshing+stenciling for my choice)
- Pinspirational Challenges:#186 Spring
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: #320 Anything goes and DT call
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #54 Anything goes
- Happy Little Stampers: Watercolour March Challenge – Anything goes optional twist smoosh
Thank you all for stopping by! I am delighted to see you here and I would love it if you visit my blog regularly! 🙂
Have a wonderful day!