Hello my friends!
I don’t know if this has ever happened to you but… today I started creating a card that was meant to be a ‘sorry you are leaving’ card (for a friend for work) but ended up creating a ‘sorry for your loss’ card! Oh well…I guess it went abit darker than it was supposed to! (lol) I have to admit that I love it though as the image is really nice and grey happens to be one of my favorite colors 🙂 Hope you like it too!
To make this card I cut a black cardstock panel almost the size of my card base. Then I cut two large pieces of patterned paper that I inked all around to make them look more cohesive. I also cut a stripe of patterned paper to use for my sentiment, I inked its edges as well. I printed and colored the image with ZIGs. Then I die cut it using a circle die. Since I didn’t have any pearls I decided to use a confetti die and die cut some circlies out of black cardstock. Once all my pieces were ready I adhered all the big parts down using double sided tape and glued down the small parts using a glue pen. Last I stamped the sentiment and that was my card done!
- 100gsm printer paper (to print the image – go abit thicker if your printer allows it and you have the paper)
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Creations Design Pad-Pretty pastels patterned paper
- Creations Design Pad – Urban Style patterned paper
- Aurora Wings – Pierrot Sprite digi stamp
- Avery Elle – With sympathy stamp set
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- ZIG clean color real brush: Wine red, Carmine red, Black,Gray brown, Light gray, Dark gray
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Circle nested dies (unbranded)
- Confetti die (unbranded)
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
With this card I entered the following challenges. Feel free to join there are great prizes to be won and fantastic projects to get inspired from!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Layer It Up
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Use more than one die or punch
- Tuesday Throwdown: Add dimension
- Glitter N Sparkle: #231 Anything goes
- Crafting with Friends: #39 Anything goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #54 Anything goes
- Happy Little Stampers : March Anything goes with dies
- Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge: March
- Aurora Wings: #46 Sketch
- Dream Valley Challenges: #152 Fantasy
Thank you all for stopping by!Hope you enjoyed it! I would love to see you again soon! 🙂