Hello my friends!
Happy Saturday! Hope you are having a great time! The weather here is really nice and I try to enjoy it before I have to go to work! However I do want to share with you a simple card I made last night inspired by a beautiful digi stamp and a few challenge themes 🙂 The image is a sprite by Aurora Wings and the layout is based of their challenge sketch. The baby girl theme was chosen due to the current Muse challenge. I thought that this cupcake sprite would be perfect to feature a newborn baby girl!They are both so sweet and beautiful!
I diecut a circle big enough to fit my image and I cut a stripe of white cardstock to wide enough fit my sentiment.Then I cut down pieces of patterned paper which I inked all around to make them more interesting and cohesive to each other. I printed the image and colored it in Copics. Then I fussy cut it. Next I adhered everything on my panel starting from the back and working my way to the front. I then glued down the little gems and I added some Wink of Stella over the red details of my image. Last I stamped the sentiment. Since I didn’t have any relevant stampset I decided to combine other stampsets and stamp letters individually! I used a purple Tombow marker for that as a marker makes it alot easier to control what is colored to get stamped (far faster than masking things out and using ink). Once I stamped the whole sentiment I went over with a glitter pen to add interest and hide any imperfections from stamping. (Ideally I should have used a purple glitter pen but I didn’t have the right color!) And that finished off my card!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Design Blok – Mix and Match Basic Fine Art patterned paper
- Aurora Wings – Cupcake Sprite digi stamp
- WPlus9 – That is all stamp set (used individual letters to write: it’s a)
- Concord and 9th – Perfectly Penned stampset
- Tombow Dual Brush Marker – 665 purple
- Pink glitter pen
- ZIG- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
- Copics: R59, R29, R22, RV 09,RV02,V01,V04,V06E35, E53,E51,E11,E00, YG17
- Distress Mini Ink Pads: Wilted Violet, Mustard Seed
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Circle nested dies (unbranded)
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
- Glue stick
- Little pink flower gems (bought from the Works in tiny jars)
I used this card to enter the following challenges. If you have the time, I encourage you to have a look at what these amazing ladies have created! You will definately get inspired!
- Aurora Wings: #46 Sketch
- Muse Challenge : #208 Welcome Baby Girl
- Seven Hills Craft Blog: Monthly Challenge – March Tic Tac Toe (patterned paper -pastel shades- die cutting)
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Layer It Up
- Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge: March
- Dream Valley Challenges: #152 Fantasy
Thank you all for stopping by! I much appreciate your comments and I would love to see you again soon! 🙂