Hello my friends!
Today I was in a pretty crafty mood….so I decided to made one more birthday card…since they are always handy to have around! And these squirrels from Neat and Tangled are simply adorable…I couldn’t resist using this stamp set! I am not a very ‘pink’ person…yet I really like the combination of pink and brown… and I believe that this card turned out quite sweet and perfect for a girly girl! Isn’t it? 🙂
I used a circle die to create a window for my card and I stamped the happy birthday all around it using black Archival ink. With the same ink, I stamped the little elements all around, making sure I rotated the images to create more interest. I used watered-down Zigs to color the images and the background. I added some Clear Wink of Stella on the big hearts to give a tiny bit of sparkle to the card. Next I stamped the squirrel on white cardstock and colored it with Winsor and Newton watercolors. I fussy cut it. Then I adhered everything on my card panel. Once everything was in place I stamped the sentiment inside the window in Hero Arts Bubble Gum ink.
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Neat and Tangled – My favorite nut stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp – Circle sayings stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp – Secret Garden stamp set
- ZIG- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
- ZIG clean color real brush: Wine Red, Carmine Red, Mid Brown, Light Pink, Light Green
- Winsor & Newton: burnt umber , burnt sienna
- Ranger- Archival Jet Black Ink
- Hero Arts – Bubble gum ink
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Circle nested dies (unbranded)
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
- Double sided foam tape
I used this little card to enter the following challenges. If you are looking for inspiration, I think you should visit these blogs. There are loads of amazing projects to get inspired from and many fantastic prizes to be won!
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday
- Little Tangles:#79 Watercolor
- Glitter N Sparkle: #233 Use pastels
- Dream Valley: #153 Our 4legged friends
- Crafty Sentiments Designs: Anything goes
- Crafting from the heart: #153 Anything goes
Thank you all for taking the time to have a look and leave me a comment!Have a nice day!