Hello my crafty friends!
One of the things I enjoy doing while not crafting is reading books! I used to be a proper bookworm, however it’s been some years now that I don’t read as much. I haven’t found a book that I can’t put down. (Feel free to suggest some if you have any in mind!)…Anyway, I always used to like special bookmarks, especially those with quotes!So this time I decided to share with you one I’ve just made! It’s simple, but I think it’s super cute! Don’t you think? 🙂
This bookmark was really simple to make. I used Distress inks to create the sky (and splashed some water to create the watercolor effect) and Copics to color the rain puddle.Then I used a white gel pen to add the raindrops. I stamped the bird on white cardstock and I used Tombow markers to color it. I adhered it on the bookmark with double sided tape. I used a fineliner to outline the image and write the sentiment. The two fonts I used for the sentiment are from an old set of rulers that have alphabet stencils. To finish my bookmark off I punched a hole and used some twine (just so it is still visible from the top of the book).Hope you like it!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Paper smooches :Chubby Chums stamp set
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen: 055 Process yellow. 985 Chrome yellow
- Ranger – Mini Distress Ink pads: Tumbled glass, Faded jeans
- Copics: B02, B05,B12
- Ranger – Mini Ink Blending tool
- Alphabet stencil rulers (I think they are Helix,but not totally sure)
- White gel pen
- Black fineliner
- Watercolor brush
- Double sided tape
- Hole puncher
With this little bookmark I entered the challenges listed below. I recommend you visit these amazing blogs and have a look at the stunning projects that these DTs have created!
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Showers and/or flowers
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog: Splash it On
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: April showers bring May Flowers
- Paper Smooches: April 2017 – Showers
- The Paper Shelter: #290 Sentimental
- Crafty Friends: Animals or birds
Thank you all for stopping by!Have a wonderful day!And I hope to see you again soon! 🙂