I don’t know about you but personally when it comes to wedding cards I have to admit that I always think of the classic elegant style of cards. Well today, I thought to create something totally different! A fun wedding card! Lawn Fawn is well known for their cute images…so I decided to use the adorable “Bicycle built for you” stamp set. Only problem was …I wanted my couple in a car! To solve the problem I used Google! I searched for cabriolet cars and sketched one as well as I could…I’m not great at drawing but I am happy with the result and I actually enjoyed the process! 🙂
Now if you want to create something similar but you don’t feel confident about drawing the car, you can try to find a suitable image (resize it before you save it if needed) and then trace it on your paper before you stamp your images. Problem sorted!
To make this card, I sketched the car on white cardstock and then masked it and stamped the images. I colored everything using watercolors. I stamped the sentiment with Archival Ink and the little hearts with Hero Arts Red Royal ink. On a stripe of cardstock I stamped the washi tape design (you can do it directly on your card base but I don’t have a stamping platform and I was afraid in case my stamping wasn’t straight and crispy.Also the separate stripe of cardstock adds more dimension). Then I adhered everything down using double sided tape. Easy and fun!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Lawn Fawn – Bicycle built for you stamp set
- My Favorite Things- Washi Patterns stamp set
- ZIG clean color real brush: Flesh colour, Dark gray
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi: No 32, No20, No 139
- Tombow Dual Brush Marker – N25 (Black)
- Ranger- Archival Jet Black Ink
- Hero Arts – Red Royal
- Paper trimmer
- Stamping block
- Double sided tape
- Pen & eraser
With this card I entered the following challenges. Feel free to join the fun and get inspired by the wonderful projects these amazing ladies have created!
- Lawn Fawnatics: Challenge #3 Outstanding occasions
- Happy Little Stampers: April Watercolour Challenge: Anything goes optional twist Rainbow
- Word Art Wednesday: #278- 279 Anything goes
- Morgan’s Art World: #8 Anything goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #56 Anything goes
- Crafty Friends: # 56 Anything goes
- Crafting with Friends: #41 Anything goes
Thank you all for stopping by!Have a wonderful week!