Hello my friends!
Today I want to share with you a very simple card…but sooo cute! When I saw this adorable dragon that Jodie has drawn for Bugaboo stamps…I just fell in love! Isn’t he super sweet?! His name is Clyde (if you are interested in buying the stamp).
If you have visited my blog before you may know that I often tend to create simple cards but I struggle to leave loads of white space… however I really wanted to join the Less is More challenge… so I resisted the temptation to add abit of “something” in the background and kept my design minimalistic! I let Clyde do the show! 🙂
To make this card I traced the image on white cardstock cause I wanted to use my Copics. Once I colored the image I fussy cut it and then I started working on the rest of my card. I cut a stripe of black cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment. Then I draw lines around my cardbase to create some sort of border. I stuck the black stripe of paper on my card base using double sided tape. Since the card is really simple I decided to adhere my image using double sided foam tape to make it pop and create some dimension. To finish off my card I drew a few clouds of smoke to add a fun element. Hope you like it!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Bugaboo stamps – Clyde (digital stamp)
- Simon Says Stamp – Cicle Sayings stamp set
- Copics: YG03, YG17, YG67, C3, C5
- Sakura – Pigma Micron pen- black 0.5
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Opaque Bright White Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
- Double sided foam tape
With this card I entered the following challenges! I strongly suggest you visit these blogs …there are loads of awesome projects to get inspired from and great prizes to be won! 🙂
- Less is More: #325 Stripe
- Crafting from the heart: #156 Anything goes
- Tuesday Throwdown: #340 Embossing
- Glitter n Sparkle: #236 Anything goes
Thank you all for stopping by!Have a great day! Happy crafting! 🙂