Hello my friends!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Personally I feel drained… after a late and an early shift at work I just want to sit an do nothing!lol… But out of the blue (it happens very often to me!) I had that idea… that it might be cool to to make tags for books I read or I have read and I want to remember…this way I have a visual reminder of them but I could also use the back of the tag to write a little something about them! Isn’t it a good idea?!
Just because I wanted to use this Dylusions stamp that I haven’t used for a while and I wanted to enter some challenges…I decided to combine a few themes. As a result I created this tag about “the Girl who played with Fire” (by Stieg Larsson). Hope you like it! (By the way, I believe the book is better than the movie!)
To begin with I cut a tag out of white cardstock and dragged it over wet distress inks (heat and repeat a few times) to achieve the blended watercolored background look. Once my tag was totally dried I used distress inks over some stencils to create more depth and add some stamping for more interest. I added the female figure which I colored with ZIGs and glitter pens and then I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. To finish off my bookmark/tag I inked the edges and punched a hole which I decorated with twine! All done!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Dylusions – Mini couture stamp set
- BoBunny: It’s written stamp set
- MFT – Our story stamp set
- Stampers Anonymous – Tim Holtz : Schoolhouse THS011 stencil
- Stampers anonymous – Mini stencil set 9
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- ZIG clean color real brush: Purple, Light violet,Persian blue
- Distress mini ink cubes: Festive berries,Seedless preserves,Salty ocean, Spun sugar
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Primary Ebony Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Ranger Mini Blending tool
- Blue glitter pen
- Purple glitter pen
- Paper trimmer
- Hole puncher
This is a list of the challenges I entered with this bookmark/tag. If you are looking for inspiration, I would recommend you to follow the links. There are tons of amazing projects on these blogs!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: You’ve got your number
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes
- Word Art Wednesday Challenge: #280-281 Anything goes
- Tuesday Throwdown: #340 Embossing
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge: #40 Anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: #326 Anything goes
- CRAFT Challenge: #413 Inspired by a book
- Crafty Gals Corner: #120 Anything goes
Thank you all for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful day! Until next time…take care! 🙂