Hello my friends!
Hope you are having a nice day! Here it’s sunny and warm and I’m off work today,so I totally enjoy it! 🙂 And since I’m having some spare time, among other things, I decided to make a card for a colleague who got a job elsewhere and she is leaving soon. Hope you like it!
I started off by creating a cloud template which I then used to apply my distress inks to make the background. Next I stamped the hot air balloon on white cardstock and colored it with Copics. I traced it with a black fineliner and I applied Clear glitter Wink of Stella over the red parts.Then I left it aside to dry completely before I fussy cut it. Meanwhile I diecut a wavy panel out of black cardstock and I also diecut the sentiment out of it. I used the negative space on my card and kept the actual word for another card.To avoid having to stick all the tiny pieces back in place for the word to look complete, I temporarily placed the word in the negative space and traced the gaps with a black fineliner, then I filled them in and you really have to look hard to be able to tell that the additions are not the original diecut leftovers! 🙂 To finish off my card I stuck everything down using double sided tape and stamped a customised sentiment on the inside of my card.
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Homemade cloud template
- Creative stamping – Up in the air stamp set
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Tim Holtz – Distress mini ink pads: Faded jeans
- Copics: C1,C3, R22,R27,R29,R59, E25,E37,E11,E51
- ZIG- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
- Black fineliner
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Congratulations die (unknown brand -sorry)
- Mini Ink Blending tool
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
As always I used my card to enter a few challenges. You can find the links below. If you have some spare time I would really suggest to visit these blogs and have a look at all the amazing projects these ladies have created!
- Word Art Wednesday Challenge: #280-281 Anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge: #327 Anything goes and DT call
- Crafting from the heart: #157 Anything goes
- Morgan’s Art World: #8 Anything goes
Thank you all for stopping by!Hope you got inspired and learned something new! I would love it if you visit again soon!