Hello my friends!
Hope you are having a nice relaxing day! Today I have a “New Home” card to share with you! I had this gorgeous stamp set from Neat & Tangled on my desk and as I was looking at these adorable squirrels I thought that they would be appropriate for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! The theme is “Home sweet home” and they look so cozy and at home, don’t you agree?
I started my card by applying Dylusions Dirty Martini all over my base using a baby wipe. Next I cut a piece of black cardstock to the shape you see in the photo. I used it as a guide to mask off the sides of my green panel and then I used my stamp platform to create the background using a border die. While this was drying I stamped the image on white cardstock and colored it with watercolors and Inktense pencils. I let it aside to dry and I stamped the banner and the sentiment on white cardstock. I colored it using Copics. Once this was done, I fussy cut everything and adhered all the elements on my card. Easy and fun!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Neat & Tangled: My Favorite Nut stamp set
- Sunny Studio: Sunny Borders stamp set
- Concord & 9th: Perfectly penned stamp set
- Dylusions paint: Dirty Martini
- Derwent – Inktense Pencils: Saddle brown,Mustard
- ZIG clean color real brush: Dark brown, Light brown,Mid Brown, Mustard,Deep green, May green
- Copics: YG03,YG17,YG67
- Tsukineko – Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Baby wipes
- Masking tape
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
- Double sided foam tape
I entered my card into the following challenges. If you are looking for inspiration, I would highly recommend you visit these blogs and check out all the wonderful things these creative ladies have made!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Home Sweet Home
- Word Art Wednesday: #282-283 Anything goes
- Pile it On: #130 Animal
- Addicted to Stamps and More: #242 Make your mark
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: #329 Anything goes
Thank you all for your time! Happy crafting!