Hello my friends!
Hope you are all having a great day!
Lately I got a bit excited with all the special offers and discounts and new releases…and I kind of spent more than I was supposed to! (oops!) So …to justify my shopping spree I decided to challenge myself! The rule is …I have to create at least one card for every pound I spent on each stamp set!…Crazy?Well..it maybe fun, right? That includes new as well as old products. And I thought it maybe a good idea because it will give me an indication of what I enjoy using the most as well!
So…for today…I picked Newton’s Nook Christmas cuddles. A stamp set I got some time ago…but I really adore because it is super cute and can be used for loads of different occasions. This time I created a birthday cards cause I’m kind of running low on them and I need a few for next month! Hope you like it! 🙂
I used Distress Oxides and a blending tool to create the orange/ yellow panel. I stamped the two borders and I fussy cut them. Then I lightly marked in pencil where these pieces would be placed on my main panel. I stamped the focal point and masked it off. I used Broken China Distress Oxide to color the background and then I splashed some water to add more interest. I unmasked the images and colored them with Copics (I was meant to use watercolors but after stamping with Memento ink that wasn’t a good idea!). I used a fineliner to add details. Then I stamped the banner and the sentiment on my top panel and colored it with Copics. (Not sure if this was a good idea for my markers as I have read that you are not meant to use them over other mediums but …oh well!My markers seem OK but keep in mind that you run a risk if you try it!). I added some Wink of Stella over the banner for extra attention! Last I adhered everything down and called it done!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Newton’s Nook Designs: Newton’s Christmas Cuddles stamp set
- MFT – Up in the Air stamp set
- Sunny Studio: Sunny Borders stamp set
- Tsukineko -Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Tim Holtz – Distress Oxides: Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber
- Copics: RV02,RV04,RV09, BG13,BG49, YR68,YR16,Y38,Y17,Y15
- ZIG- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
- Fineliner – teal
- Mini Ink Blending tool
- Tim Holtz – Stamp Platform
- Paper trimmer
- Judikins Masking Tape
- Double sided tape
With this card I entered the following challenges. If you feel creative and adventurous I suggest you visit these awesome blogs and join the fun!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Little Critters
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: A bit of sparkle
- Pile it On: #130 Animal and/or spring garden
- Tuesday Throwdown: #334 Anything goes
- Inky Paws Challenge: #47
- Your Next Stamp: Color Challenge #64 (use at least 3 of the colors) – pink,orange,yellow
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #58 Anything goes
- Crafty Friends Challenge Blog: #58 Summer Colours (At least 2 of the colours)
Thank you all for your time!Hope to see you again soon!