You know when you have this idea in your head that you just can’t relax until you try it? Well…this is what happened to me today! I had this gorgeous Penny Black stamp set sitting on my desk and as I was looking through my stash I knocked over my box of Starry Colors! And this is when it came to me that I had to create this sympathy card! And as I was looking for a gray patterned paper and I couldn’t find any to match my card…I had this crazy idea to use Distress Stains …which I have to admit I hardly ever use! (Don’t get me wrong, the Distress Stains are fine, it’s just I haven’t found the best way for me to use them, so the few that I got have been staying in my drawer for about 2 years now!). To cut the long story short, I decided to get out of my comfort zone and create a “different” card! I don’t know about you but I really like the outcome!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Gansai Tambi – Starry Colors – white gold No906
- Distress Stain: Weathered wood
- Penny Black – Blooming Garden stamp set
- Avery Elle – With Sympathy dies
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Metallic Silver Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
With this card I entered the following challenges. If you have time I would recommend you visit these blogs and check out the amazing projects of these fantastic DTs!
- Penny Black and More: May Challenge – Photo/colour inspiration
- Happy Little Stampers : May Anything Goes with Dies
- Happy Little Stampers: May Mixed Media Challenge:
- Word Art Wednesday :#284-285 Anything goes
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Use your old stash
Thank you all for stopping by! Until next time, take care and have fun!
p.s. My card was selected as one of the TOP3 of Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Blog for the current challenge (Use it up!)!Thank you very much SSCB!