Hello my friends!
Have a nice Monday! Today I decided that it was about time to go through my stash and pick an old stamp to play with! Cause this is what most of us do…buy new art toys, play with them for a while and then put them in a basket/drawer or whatever and forget them for a long time!..I need to find a way to stop doing that! So I try to remind myself every so often to look through my stamp container and use older items! At the end of the day I love them all or I wouldn’t have bought them!…So today’s pick was “Botanical love” by Create a Smile!
Here is the card I have created. Hope you like it and got inspired to go through your stash and play with your old toys! 🙂
I stamped the flowers on white cardstock using Archival ink as I knew I was going to use watercolors and I needed a waterproof ink. Then I colored them with Kuretake Gansai Tambi and traced them with a black gel pen. To add a little bit of shimmer I went through the big flowers with Wink of Stella. I added some splatters to break the blank space and I die cut the sentiment out of black cardstock. I stuck it on my panel using a glue pen and once dry I traced it with Wink of Stella. This helps covering up any leftovers of glue. Next I stuck my panel on a black cardstock and adhered everything on a 5×7 card base. To complete my card I used a patterned ruler to draw a wavy frame around my card and colored it black and white with a gel pen and a black marker. Job done!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Create a Smile – Botanical Love stamp set
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi: No 34, No51, No 139,No 37, No 50
- ZIG- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
- Black fineliner
- White gel pen
- Tombow dual brush marker – Black No 15
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Congratulations die (unknown brand -sorry)
- Paper trimmer
- Patterned ruler
- Double sided tape
With this card I entered a few challenges, a list of which is provided below. If you are looking for inspiration I suggest you visit these blogs and have a look at the amazing projects these DTs have created!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: It’s a Frame up
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: A hint of pink
- Word Art Wednesday Challenge: #280-281 Anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge: #327 Anything goes and DT call
- Seven Hills Crafts: May Colour Challenge (last combination)
- CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: May 2017 (stamping+splattering+die cutting)
- CAS Watercolour Card Challenge: May 2017 – Flowers
- Crafty Sentiments Designs: Anything goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #57 Anything goes
- The Paper Shelter : #292 Flowers
- Crafting from the Heart: #158 Anything goes
Thank you all for stopping by!Have a wonderful week and hope to see you again really soon! 🙂