Today I have been in a totally crafting mood, hence I thought to post another card I created, this time using my new MFT Snow Drifts Cover-up die. This is the first time I use this die and I have to admit… I love it! The image I used is part of Newton’s Nook Designs – Newton’s Christmas Cuddles stamp set which you have seen me using again and again. (Don’t you feel happy when you buy something that you want to use all the time?!). Here is my second card for today…hope you like it as much as I do!
I created the background swiping my white cardstock panel over Distress inks that I sprayed with water. Then I heat set it and dabbed it over the inks again a few times ,drying the panel after each dabbing. After that I die cut the wavy panel 3 times. Once out of white card stock, then out of black cardstock and the last time I die cut the background I created before. I white heat embossed the sentiment on the right black cut out piece. Next I stamped the image on white cardstock and colored it using watercolors. Once the image dried I added the stripes with a gray fineliner and fussy cut it. I stuck everything on my cardbase and I added two fine stipes of white cardstock above and below it to reduce the gap on the top and bottom edge of my card. And my card was ready!
- A6 Card base
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Prima Confections Watercolors: the Classics
- Tim Holtz – Distress mini ink pads: Festive berries, candied apple, spiced marmalade
- MFT- Snow Drifts Cover-up die
- Newton’s Nook Designs – Newton’s Christmas Cuddles
- Your Next Stamp – Whatnot Sentiments Four stamp set
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Opaque Bright White Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Paper trimmer
- Gray fineliner
- Double sided tape
- MFT Card Challenge: color challenge #70
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes
- Inky Paws Challenge : #48 Use stripes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #59 Anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: #331 Anything goes
- Crafting from the Heart: #162 Anything goes
- Happy Little Stampers: June Watercolour Challenge
- That’s Crafty Challenge Blog: Feline Fine Challenge
- http://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/feline-fine-challenge.htmlThank you for stopping by! Your comments really make my day!Thank you for considering leaving one!
P.S. This card was selected as one of the favorites for Challenge #48 at Inky Paws Challenge Blog!Thank you so very much!
With this card, I also made it to the TOP 3 of That’s Crafty Challenge Blog for the “Feline Fine” Challenge!Thanks alot! 🙂