Hello my friends!
Have a nice week everyone! Today I am off work so I thought to have some nice time crafting as it is rainy outside. And as I was going through my stash I found this old unbranded embossing folder and I remembered a fun technique for dry embossing so I went for it! And I am very pleased with the result! Isn’t this card really cute?
I dry embossed a piece of white cardstock and used Distress ink pads to go through the raised areas to color the stones. Then I cut it down to the right size. I stamped the dog face on white cardstock and colored it with watercolors, then I fussy cut it. Next I stamped the scene on my card base using my Stamp Platform. I colored everything with watercolors making sure I didn’t apply too much water (You can of course use a card panel and adhered everything on there, which would probably be less risky.But I wanted to keep the layers to the minimum). Last I white heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock and stuck everything down – some with double sided tape and some with double sided foam. (To cover up a mistake I watercolored the sky around the dog, but I really like how it turned out in the end!) And that completed my card! Easy and fun! 🙂
- A6 Card base
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Prima Confections Watercolors: the Classics/Tropicals/Decadent pies
- Tim Holtz – Distress mini ink pads: Hickory smoke, Black soot, Walnet stain, Vintage photo, Chipped sapphire
- MFT- Up in the air stamp set
- MFT – Lucky dog
- Unbranded Stone design embossing folder
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Opaque Bright White Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Paper trimmer
- Post it notes (for masking)
- Double sided tape
- Double sided foam tape
With this card I entered the following challenges. I suggest you follow the links and check out what these amazing ladies have created!
- MFT Card Challenge: sketch 335
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #59 Anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: #331 Anything goes
- Crafting from the Heart: #162 Anything goes
- Happy Little Stampers: June Watercolour Challenge
Thank you for stopping by! Your comments really make my day!Thank you for considering leaving one!