Hope your week has started well! Today I would like to share with you a fun masculine card! As I am on a personal challenge to make good use of all my old supplies…I decided that it would be a good idea to use this adorable stamp set from Paper Smooches which I think is hilarious and suitable for many occasions! So with no further ado…here is the little card I came up with!
To match the design of YNS Challenge #66 I cut my panel diagonally and I die cut a circle out of my biggest part, big enough to fit my owl. Then I used a wood pattern embossing folder and I embossed this part to create the look of a tree log or something. I colored it with Distress inks and watercolors and let it aside to dry. Next I used my Walnut stain Oxide to color a long stripe of white cardstock to match the brown of my tree panel. I cut the stripe down to fit my card on an angle and also cut another piece to fit my sentiment. I gold heat embossed the sentiment and adhered everything on a black cardstock for contrast. To finish off my card I stamped the owl on white cardstock, colored it with Inktense pencils, fussy cut it and adhered it on my card with double sided foam tape to help it pop abit. And my card was complete!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Tim Holtz -Distress Oxides: walnut stain
- Tim Holtz – Distress Inks: gathered twigs, walnut stain, brushed corduroy
- Derwent – Inktense color pencils: 1740 saddle brown, 1900 willow, 2100 charcoal grey, 0250 cadmium orange
- Prima Confections Watercolors:Decadent pies/ Tropicals/The classics (mix of yellows and browns)
- Paper Smooches:Chubby chums stamp set
- MFT: Up in the air stamp set
- Unbranded – wood pattern embossing folder
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Metallic Gold Rich Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Unbranded – Circles nested dies
- Paper trimmer
- Watercolor brush
- Double sided foam tape
- Double sided tape
With this card I took part in the following challenges. If you are looking for some inspiration, these blogs are the right place to be! You will find some really amazing projects!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Touchy feely
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make it masculine
- Paper Smooches: June 2017 -Men
- Your Next Stamp: Sketch and color challenge #66
- Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog: #118 Anything goes option father’s day
Thank you all for stopping by!Have a nice week!Till next time…ciao!