Hello my friends!
Today I was looking at Little Tangles’ challenge blog and I was trying to figure out how I can combine sooo many different colors together without making a rainbow type of card. And to be honest I was really challenged because 1) I don’t usually use as many colors together and 2) I couldn’t think of a super colorful design that wouldn’t make my squirrrels look out of place! And then I got that idea!Distress inks!!!
They are always a good idea when it comes to a colorful mess! So I grabbed all the warm pink-orange-purple colors to match the photo and smooshed them on my crafting area. Sprayed them with water and dragged and dabbed my cardstock in them a few times, drying the layers every time. I always get mesmerized by the hot mess when I use this technique. I find it fascinating how the colors mix and blend together. And in the process I learnt that spiced marmalade and seedless preserves give you a nice earthy color! This is what I used to color the nut-house (enhancing the orange abit)! When happy with the background I added some blue splatters to match the colors of the challenge.
Then I used the same colors and a bit of green to color my image, which I then I fussy cut. Next I die cut a wavy panel out of black cardstock and die cut the word HUGS out of it. I gold heat embossed the word sending and I stuck everything down…and at this part I decided that the black panel looked abit too simple!Great!… So I got half of my panel through my wood patterned embossing folder!And due to the wavy design …I did have to cut my panel into two, trim it abit and stick it back together !But I think in the end it worked well!Don’t you think?
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Tim Holtz – Distress Inks: Seedless preserves, Picked Raspberry, Spun sugar, Spiced marmalade
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors: Cobalt blue, Orange, May green
- Neat & Tangled : My favorite nut stamp set
- Avery Elle – Sentimental stamp set
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Metallic Gold Rich Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- MFT – BIg Hugs die
- Unbranded wavy dies
- Unbranded wood patterned embossing folder
- Paper trimmer
- Watercolor brush
- Double sided tape
With this card I decided to enter the following challenges. If you follow the links you can have a look at the wonderful projects that these imaginative ladies have created!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Touchy feely
- Little Tangles: #81 Color Combo
- Glitter n’ Sparkle: Colours- Use bright colours
- Stampin’ Sensations: June – Use your favorite stamp
- Seven Hills Crafts: June Die Cut a Die Cut