Hello crafty friends!
Hope you are having a nice day! I’m enjoying a day off work and I thought to make some cards…because that makes me happy! Today I got this Riveted Metal embossing folder through the post and I couldn’t wait to use it. So I’m going to share with you a card for father’s day using this awesome embossing folder that is not a new release item but I would say it’s an all time classic one!
To create the background I embossed my panel using the Riveted Metal embossing folder. Then I inked the embossed areas using distress inks straight from the pad and colored the debossed areas using Prima watercolors. Then I let my panel aside to dry. In the meantime, I die cut some gears out of black cardstock and earthy tone scrap cardstock. Next I cut a stripe of black cardstock to create a wide banner for my panel and I die cut the word DAD out of it. Then I die cut the word DAD out of white cardstock as well, I used the same embossing folder I had used earlier to emboss the letters and colored them with watercolors – using the same colors but slightly brighter tones than before. I adhered everything on my panel and inlaid the watercolored letters in the nagative space of the black panel. To make them pop even more I added Glossy Accents which created a 3D effect. (Unfortunately it doesn’t show in the photo but it shows well in real life.) I then stuck my panel on a card base and that completed my card!Hope you like it!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Tim Holtz – Distress Inks: Faded jeans, Shaded lilac, Hickory smoke, Black soot
- Prima Confections Watercolors: The classics (used black, gray, brown,blue)
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz – Riveted Metal Texture Fades
- Avery Elle – Avery’s Alphas Die
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz- Gearhead dies set
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Paper trimmer
- Watercolor brush
- Double sided tape
With this card I decided to enter the following challenges. If you follow the links you can have a look at the wonderful projects that these imaginative ladies have created!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Touchy feely
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Emboss it
- Seven Hills Crafts: June Die Cut a Die Cut
- Addicted to Stamps and More: #246 Anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: #333 Quick and easy
Thank you all for stopping by!Have a nice crafty day!