Hello my friends!
Today I wanted to make a nice and simple card, something with fresh but light colors! Inspired by this week’s Muse challenge, I also decided that I wanted to use some butterflies…And when I came across this fantastic Indigoblu script stamp I knew exactly what I wanted to do! Without further ado, here is my idea put on paper!Hope you like it!
I started by applying Distress ink through the stencil with my mini blending tool. Then I used my Tombow markers on the script stamp and stamped the text to complete my background. On a separate piece of cardstock I stamped the butterflies with Archival Jet Black ink and colored them with the same Tombow markers – I scribbled the color on a stamping tool and picked it up with a brush. While my butterflies were drying, I stamped the sentiment on black cardstock and white heat embossed it. I cut the sentiment to size and fussy cut the butterflies. Then I adhered everything on my card. Simple and nice! 🙂
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Tombow – ABT Dual Brush Pen: 346 (dark green), 535 (blue)
- Distress mini ink pad: Tumbled glass
- Mini ink blending tool
- Altenew : Bamboo Rose stamp set
- IndigoBlu: Script A6 stamp
- Tim Holtz – Layering stencil- Splatters
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Opaque Bright White Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
- Double sided foam tape
With this card I chose to enter the following challenges. If you can spare the time I would suggest you pay them a visit. The DT ladies have done an amazing job!
- That’s Crafty: Keep it simple
- Word Art Wednesday: #290-291 Anything goes
- Muse: #233 Photo inspiration
- Addicted to Stamps and More: CAS
- CAS Watercolour Card Challenge:July Challenge
- Happy Little Stampers: July Watercolour Challenge
- ModSquad Challenge: Mark it ,stamp it
Thank you all for stopping by!Hope you got inspired!And I would love to see you again soon! 🙂
P.S. My card was featured in the TOP 5 of MUSE this week. (Challenge #223) Thank you so very much!
It was also in the TOP 9 of CAS Watercolour Challenge blog for July’s Challenge! I’m sooo super happy!Thank you!!!