Hello my crafty friends!
I’m back with a new project and I can’t hide my excitement! Today I would like to share with you a card I made using my watercolors and some ‘Create a Smile’ products that I had purchased some time ago and I was over the moon to receive a few hours ago! These products are NOT part of a new release …but I just got them so to me they are brand new and I feel like a kid in a candy store!
Since I was going to use these products I decided to join the company’s challenge which this month calls for LETTERS. To meet the theme I used my sentiment stamp set as my focal point. 🙂
Anyway, here is a photo of my new card and I hope you will like it as much as I do! I had an absolute blast creating it and I would really suggest you try this technique as it is really easy and gives beautiful results! Another plus for those on a budget is that you don’t really need tons of products!
To create my card I first used a stencil which I traced with a pencil – leaving a corner of the card white so as to place my sentiment later on. I then used my Micron pen to trace the pencil. (If you use the pen straight away you may stain your stencil. Also if you don’t have a waterproof pen like Micron pen, just skip this step and trace the pencil after you finish your coloring.) Then I decided which colors I wanted to use and I placed them randomly in the squares. (I prefer to water lightly each square before I apply the color so as not to get harsh lines ). When I finished coloring my background I let it dry for a bit and then I stamped the word ‘love’ with Versamark ink and heat embossed it using black embossing powder. Then I stamped the rest of the sentiment in Black Archival ink. I traced the word ‘love’ with Wink of Stella just to add some sparkle and hide any imperfections. Last but not least I made a few splatters with black watercolor and adhered my panel on my card using double sided tape. All done!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Create a Smile- Boxes stencil
- Create a Smile – This must be love stamp set
- Archival Ink Jet Black
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors: No63, no64, no56, no57,no 61, no 53, no 38, no 138, no 20
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Primary Ebony Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Paper trimmer
- Pigma Micron 05 – black
- ZIG- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
- Double sided tape
With this little tag I entered the following challenges. I really encourage you to have a look at these wonderful blogs as they are packed with amazing projects that will -no doubt- inspire you!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Make Your Own Background
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: February 2017 Anything goes
- Word Art Wednesday: #272-273 Anything goes
- Creative Ladybirds Creations: #24 Always Anything Goes
- Creative Moments: #113 Anything goes optional twist Winter Blues (blue)
- Create a Smile: March Challenge- Letters
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #53 Anything goes
- Crafting with Friends: #38 Anything goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs: Anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: #319 Anything goes
Thank you all for stopping by!If you got inspired please leave me a comment, I love reading them! 🙂 Have a fabulous day!
PS. This card was chosen as one of the Creative Ladybirds Creations DT Favorites for challenge 24! Thank you very much,DT! 🙂