Hello my friends!
Today I’m super excited! I don’t know if anyone else does that but…(when I can afford it) I buy myself a birthday present as well! And…alright my birthday is not until tomorrow…but the parcel arrived today!So I thought to start celebrating early…lol! Well…I bought this super handy MFT stamp set called ‘Washi Patterns’ that is currently on discount at ‘Dies to die for’. And I have to say I feel really good about this purchase! At first I was worried that with the stamps being small I may struggle to use them in a large area… but it is not as hard as I thought it would be. (Mind, I don’t have a stamping platform yet so I have to try and align the pattern using my stamping block). It takes a bit of practice but it is certainly doable and …I love how many different things you can do with these stamps. I’m pretty sure I’ll be using this stamp set alot! I love it when I get stamps that I can use again and again! Having said that…for today’s card I used another of my favorite stamp sets: ‘My Favorite Nut’ by Neat & Tangled. It’s so super cute!
(Disclaimer: Here I would like to add that I am not affiliated with any art store or company, I just like to let people know when there is a good offer I am aware of and also I like to share my good experience with products I buy in case someone else is thinking about buying them too.)
To start off my card I used Hero Arts- Lime Green ink and the ‘Washi Patterns’ to create my border.I stamped the image on white cardstock and colored it using ZIG markers and Inktense pencils. I let it dry completely. Meanwhile I cut down a piece of white cardstock to the required size and adhered it on my card base. I used some blue watercolor to create a background for my image…nothing fancy…just a splash of watercolor but it helps the image pop. While this was drying I heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock and fussy cut it leaving a thin border around it. I adhered everything down and then stamped the rest of the sentiment directly on my card. All done! Hope you like it!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- The Works -Black craft card 200gsm
- Neat and Tangled – My favorite nut stamp set
- WPlus9 – That is all stamp set
- My Favorite Things- Washi Patterns stamp set
- ZIG clean color real brush: Brown, Light brown,Mustard, Gray, Light gray, Light green, Pale green
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi: No 63
- Derwent – Inktense Pencils: Saddle brown
- Ranger- Archival Jet Black Ink
- Hero Arts – Lime Green
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Opaque Bright White Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
With this card I entered the following competitions. If you have the time, I strongly suggest you visit these blogs. The ladies there have done an amazing job. You will get loads of inspiration and possibly some prizes if you decide to join the challenges! 🙂
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog: Splash it On
- Little Tangles: #79 Watercolor
- Happy Little Stampers: April Watercolour Challenge: Anything goes optional twist Rainbow
- Happy Little Stampers: April CAS Challenge: Blend
- Word Art Wednesday: #278- 279 Anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge: #325 plus DT call
- Crafty Friends: Animals or birds
- Crafting from the heart:#155 Anything goes
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge : #39 Anything goes
- Morgan’s Art World: #7 Anything goes
Thank you all for stopping by!Have a wonderful day!And if you have a few minutes, please leave me a comment!I love reading them! 🙂
P.S. This card was picked as one of the favorites of Happy Little Stampers for the April 2017 CAS Challenge! Thank you so very much!