Hello my friends!
I’ve been a bit busy and tired lately but I really wanted to play with my art supplies. So I grabbed a few stamp sets and tried to create a nice summery scene to cheer me up! It didn’t really turn out the way I had it in my head…but oh well…at least it’s happy!
Now if you think…why did you post it if you are not totally happy with it?…the answer is simple! I decided to share it with you because I believe that something doesn’t have to be perfect to be inspiring! And it is the journey that counts…so my message to you is “Embrace the imperfections and see the beauty in everything! Stay positive…cause a negative thinking will never give you a positive life!”
To make this card I used Distress inks and a cloud stencil to create the background. I stamped the bunny and life ring in Memento ink and colored them using Copics. Then for the little hut I thought to use a different technique so I stamped it using Tombow markers and colored it using both Tombows and Copics. For the sentiment banner I used Distressed ink to color the banner since I didn’t have any pink color paper and then I white heat embossed the sentiment. To finish off my card I used some washi tape to add some interest to one end and then adhered everything down. Easy and fun!
- Kraft Cardstock paper – white
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Tombow – ABT Dual Brush Pen: 879,899 (browns)
- Distress mini ink pad: Tumbled glass,Picked raspberry
- Copics: C1,C3,C5,C7,E25,E35,E57,YR68,YR16,Y38, Y11,YG03,RV09,RV04,RV02,R20
- Mini ink blending tool
- Your Next Stamp – Whatnot sentiments four
- MFT – Snuggle bunnies
- Sweet Dixie – Beach huts
- Homemade cloud stencil/mask
- Versamark Ink
- Wow! Opaque Bright White Regular embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided tape
- Create a smile -Yellow Ovals washi tape
- Inked scrap paper
With this card I entered the following challenges!Hope you visit these blogs and join the fun!
- MFT Cards Challenge: Sketch 340
- Word Art Wednesday: #290-291 Anything goes
- YNS: Color challenge #68 (use at least 3 of the colors)
- Work It Wednesday June 2017: Summer Icons
- That’s Crafty: Anything goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Summer sunshine!
Thank you all for stopping by!Hope you have a lovely day and please visit again when you can!